OUR CAMPUS FACILITIES
The Glebe Point property was formerly owned by George Allen (1800-1877) and had been called Toxteth Park Estate. Its foundation stone was laid on the 21 March, 1829 but it was modernised and extended after 1880. St Scholastica’s Congregational Centre now occupies the original home and has been restored recently.
On October 16th, 1901, Cardinal Moran laid the foundation stone for the new school building which presently holds the Administration section downstairs and the drama theatre upstairs. Wychwood cottage was purchased in 1925 and after a long tradition of fostering talented musicians, now houses an Independent Learning Centre.
In 1931 the Polding Memorial Chapel was built. Ten years later a new wing was added for boarding students. During the 1960s and 1970s, the College grew in size and new buildings including science laboratories were added. In 1985 a major renovation and building project including the new library and food technology rooms was completed. In 1994, two of the boarders’ recreation rooms were converted to a gymnasium and in 2004 this was upgraded and extended to become our multi-purpose hall (see Trixie Forest Centre). In March 2009 the Benedict Learning Centre opened, housing a magnificent new library and the Subrata Technology Centre.
The College is set in a superb landscape which has won both the Best School Garden section and Best Garden section in the City of Sydney Garden Competition on several occasions.